The embattled production of the Star Wars spin-off following the adventures of a young Han Solo (played by Alden Ehrenreich) has finally wrapped, with director Ron Howard announcing its official title: Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Howard posted a video on Twitter announcing that the production, which began production under directors Phil Lordand Chris Miller, has wrapped. He thanked fans for their anticipation of the Star Wars anthology film, which follows in the footsteps of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and joked, “Can I say the title?” The movie had been without an official title for months.
— Ron Howard (@RealRonHoward) October 17, 2017
Howard then was handed a sign that said Solo: A Star Wars Story, which he showed to the screen.
“I’ll see you next year,” he said.
The name was confirmed by StarWars.com.
Solo: A Star Wars Story, set prior to the events of the original Star Wars trilogy, is set to open in theaters on May 25, 2018.